QuotedData’s Independent Investment companies guide
The QuotedData independent guide to quoted investment companies aims to help investors and financial advisers better understand investment companies in order to assist with making better informed investment decisions.
This guide is arranged in two parts. The first is designed to give you all the basic information you need to start using investment companies – building from simple concepts to more difficult ones. The second part explains some of the more technical aspects of how they work.
- What is a quoted investment company?
- What makes investment companies different to other funds?
- Comparing investment companies to open-ended funds
- Types of investment company
- Investment objectives and policies
- Choosing an investment company
- Research before you invest
- How is your money managed?
- Investment company structures
- The role of the board and shareholder rights
- Net asset values (NAVs)
- What is a discount?
- Managing the discount
- Analysing past performance
- Thinking about risk
- Income, dividends and yields
- Fees and expenses
- Our sponsors
- Distribution Partners
- About QuotedData
- Further reading
We hope that the guide will help clarify the jargon that appears in many of the communications from the investment world. It is designed to build investors’ knowledge, starting with relatively simple topics, and then moving up to fairly complex concepts, in a way that is easy to understand. The guide is uniquely suitable for all types of investors, whether you are a seasoned investment adviser or a private investor interested to learn more about this exciting and diverse sector. It is also a completely independent guide, so should provide a good addition to any educational library.
We are proud that our Investment Companies Guide 2018 has been endorsed by the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment.
Read the Guide? Want to test your knowledge? Click here to complete our certified online test. Professional investors note that successfully passing the test will allow you to claim one hour of structured CPD.