The integrity, accuracy, and balance of the content we produce is of paramount importance to us. While our business model means that some of the QuotedData research notes and news is sponsored material, we endeavour to maintain an independent viewpoint at all times. All investors can freely read our research.
All of our content is produced with the following principles and objectives in mind:
- Our content is written primarily for the benefit of the reader, not for example the company that is the subject of the note or the sponsor.
- Our research committee of four highly experienced investment professionals, which includes the CEO and lead sector analyst, considers a range of factors before initiating coverage on a company. Criteria considered include whether the content (and in some cases the topic, such as the quality of company) meets our quality threshold and whether it is a good fit for our readership.
- We aim to achieve diversity of viewpoint and where possible two or more analysts at a time attend company meetings.
- Extensive peer review is fundamental to our process, so that our research remains relevant.
- We seek to provide appropriate context and our notes address concerns and highlight risks or downsides head-on.
- Our notes do not carry buy or sell recommendations, leaving readers to make their own, hopefully more informed investment decisions, should they choose.
- Our research, is subject to a robust editorial process and is checked rigorously before publication internally, following strict guidelines and finally by an external editor.
- We enable the readers to rate our work and we study the ratings our readers give. This can flag an investigation by our investment committee to review the work of the analysts involved and take further action if need be.
- On occasion, the client is involved in fact-checking, although editorial control remains with QuotedData at all times, and we ensure payment is always taken up-front to aid the independence we seek. This is predominantly for the more technical company overview and updates research notes.
“QDprime” is content that has been written by us to the above principles and objectives which we have been paid to produce. While this is sponsored content, our aim is that it should be of noticeably higher quality than other sponsored content that can be obtained elsewhere for free.
“QDview” is content that has been written by us with opinions included. The pink text will typically be views of the named analyst/s and may not reflect the view of the company. While some of the companies we cover, we receive payment from, QDview is predominately independent thought and commentary paid for predominantly by advertising.
“Sponsored” content is content that is written for the benefit of our readers, under our strict guidelines, from carefully selected third parties. Their content is reviewed by a member of our investment committee to ensure the highest level of quality and worth to our readers, but is not always reviewed before publication.
Conflicts of Interest Policy
Should a conflict of interest arise, it is declared on the relevant note. QuotedData is a trading name of Marten & Co. Marten & Co may, from time to time, be paid by a company to help it raise money from investors or find a new home for some existing shares. While analysts’ remuneration may be linked to the profitability of Marten & Co as a whole, analysts are independent of any trading activity that may occur from securities linked to the companies that are the subject of the notes. Employees of Marten & Co may hold shares in the companies that we write about. However, share transactions can only be done months before and after a research note is written (and published) to ensure it is completely unconnected.