International Biotechnology Trust tries to achieve long-term capital growth by investing primarily in biotechnology and other life sciences companies that are either quoted or unquoted and possess the potential for high growth. International Biotechnology Trust invests in companies whose shares are considered to have good prospects, with experienced management and strong potential upside through the development and/or commercialisation of a product, device or enabling technology.
We have written notes that explain how the fund works:
- “Healthy returns“, published in November 2020, Looks at the impressive performance generated by IBT
- “Trust in biotech“, published in April 2020, suggests that biotech might be a good place to be in the COVID-19 crisis
- “Healthy yield attracts investors“, published in September 2019, discusses the political headwinds faced by the sector and the recent expansion of the trust
- “Beating the odds“, published in March 2019, looks at how active management and an increased focus on mid-caps boosted IBT over its peers
- “Outperformance and income“, published in July 2018, notes IBT’s outperformance of both the benchmark and peers in the biotech sector that is benefiting from long term growth drivers
You can access the manager’s website here