Shires Income aims to provide for shareholders a high level of income, together with growth of both income and capital from a portfolio substantially invested in UK equities. The Company invests principally in the ordinary shares of UK quoted companies, and in convertible and preference shares with above average yields. The Manager selects stocks via a bottom-up investment process based on a disciplined evaluation of companies through direct visits by the Manager. Gearing is used with the intention of enhancing long-term returns.
We have written notes that explain how the fund works:
- “High yield without compromising on returns“, published in January 2021, noted the manager’s cautious but optimistic outlook for 2021
- “Preference shares paying dividends“, published in July 2020, highlighted the benefits of SHRS’s preference share portfolio
- “Building on a great 2019“, published in February 2020, looks at the trust’s performance over 2019 and updates on its portfolio
- “Growing again“, published in May 2019, looks at how SHRS has been expanding for the first time since 2012 with a combination of an attractive yield and outperformance of its peer group
- “Sustainable high yield“, published in October 2018, talks about SHRS standing out and aiming to maintain higher dividend yields for investors
You can access the manager’s website here