Legal claims from Leigh Day and Harcus Parker merge. Joining forces moves the WEIF claim forward faster.
Date: 19th July 2022
Registration: Click here
1. Update on the latest developments
2. Review of the legal case against Link, the Group Litigation Order (GLO) and the next steps (discovery, negotiation, case preparation, settlement or case trial; signing up new claimants – deadline for signing up and upcoming marketing push).
3. The 4 legal claims ongoing (and their merits), and the potential for other claims
4. Next steps
Event Information: £1bn of savings were lost by investors in the Woodford Equity Income Fund. The FCA has spent more than three years investigating what went wrong and has still not published any findings. It has, however, produced new guidance for Authorised Fund Managers, the role that Link was supposed to do and allegedly failed to do. There were previously at least 4 legal claims being pursued: 2 against Link and 2 against Link and Hargreaves Lansdown. ShareSoc has endorsed the Leigh Day claim against Link in respect of WEIF investors.
These and other questions will be addressed in our webinar on July 19th, which will include a Q&A session with the speakers, chaired by ShareSoc Director, Mark Northway.
• What happens next?
• Can I reclaim my losses?
• Which claim should I join?
• Will Woodford be sued/ prosecuted/ fined/ held to account?
• Can this happen again?
• What really went wrong?
• What is changing/has changed to stop it happening again?
Who should attend?
• Investors in Woodford Equity Income Fund (WEIF)
• Investors in other Woodford funds and Hargreaves Multi-Manager Funds (these invested in WEIF)
• Investors in funds wanting to understand more about how funds work and how they can go wrong
• Financial advisers
- Cliff Weight
ShareSoc Woodford Campaign Director
- Robin Powell
Editor, The Evidence-Based Investor
- Meriel Hodgson-Teall
Solicitor, Leigh Day
This is a free event.