fbpx
Register Log-in Investor Type

News

Alternative Income REIT expects 84% rent collection rate for Q3

Alternative Income REIT has said it expects to collect at least 84% of rent for the current quarter by September.

The group, which owns a diverse portfolio of 19 long-let properties, has provided a breakdown on rent collection in which:

  • 89% of tenants that pay quarterly rents (representing 70.4% of total quarter rent including monthly) have paid;

  • 17.4% of rent is now paid monthly, of which 72% of the July rent has been settled.

  • 12.2% of rent has been granted concessions for a limited period.

The group’s annual passing rent roll from its 21 tenants, after adjustment for the terms of the Travelodge CVA (detailed below), is £6.58m.

It remains in discussion with a small number of tenants, mainly in the education and leisure sectors and representing 11% of the rent roll, in respect of potential deferral of rent payments, but to date no rent free periods or rent adjustments, except for the Travelodge CVA, have been agreed across the portfolio.

Rent collection for the previous quarter is 82%, with the remaining 18% the subject of negotiations.

The group has headroom on both its loan to value and interest cover tests, with asset valuations and rental income needing to fall by 29% and 36% respectively before breaching the loan covenants.

Travelodge CVA

Rent due from Travelodge in respect of the group’s hotel in Swindon represented around 5% of total annual rent roll before the CVA.

The terms of the CVA have the following effect:

  • The rent from Travelodge for the period between March 2020 and 31 December 2020 will be 25% of the contractual rent and are payable monthly, instead of quarterly;
  • The Travelodge rent will revert to 70% of the contractual rent from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021, after which it will return to 100% of contractual rent.
  • The company will be entitled to additional cash rental payments should Travelodge exceed a level of baseline profitability being 66.7% of the amount by which cumulative Adjusted EBITDA for the financial years 2020, 2021 and 2022 exceeds £200m; 
  • Flexibility in the CVA terms allows Alternative Income REIT to break its lease with Travelodge, should it wish to do soup to the end of November 2020;
  • The CVA provides Alternative Income REIT with a 36 month lease extension option, which expires on 28 August 2020.
  • The CVA does not allow Travelodge to terminate its lease.

 AIRE : Alternative Income REIT expects 84% rent collection rate for Q3

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Please review our cookie, privacy & data protection and terms and conditions policies and, if you accept, please select your place of residence and whether you are a private or professional investor.

You live in…

You are a…