- Schroder AsiaPacific Fund (SDP) has announced the appointment of Rupert Hogg as an independent non-executive director of the company, with effect from 1 May 2023. Mr Hogg will also be a member of the audit and risk, nomination and management engagement committees.
- Aquila European Renewables (AERI) announced that Guillena, a 50 MWp solar PV asset has completed construction and is now operational. Guillena is one of two assets located in southern Spain which belongs to the Greco portfolio, acquired in March 2022. The other asset, Jaén was the first asset within the Greco portfolio to finish construction and has been operational since November 2022. The majority of the deferred consideration, equivalent to approximately €45m under the sale and purchase agreement for Guillena is expected to be paid in Q2 2023. The payment is expected to be financed under the company’s revolving credit facility. Based on the Q4 2022 NAV, the completion of Guillena will increase the company’s total gearing level to approximately 31.0% on a pro forma basis.
- LSA (LSAA), a closed-ended investment company that manages portfolios of whole and fractional interests in life settlement policies operating predominantly in the United States, announced the acquisition of a portfolio of life policies from Mutual Benefits Keep Policy Trust. The acquisition, including the successful resolution of the dispute with MBC, realises several benefits for LSA including a significant future reduction in ongoing legal costs incurred by the company.
- HICL Infrastructure (HICL) has entered into an agreement to acquire a minority equity position in Altitude’s fiber-to-the-home platform, Altitude Infra, investing alongside other InfraRed-managed funds and co-investors which, together with HICL, will own 15.1% of Altitude Infra. Altitude Infra holds a controlling position in the largest independent wholesale fibre network in France, Altitude Infra THD. The Altitude Infra stake will be acquired from Altitude Group, which will retain a majority shareholding. The investment is accretive to HICL’s key portfolio metrics, enhances portfolio diversification and improves the earnings profile of the company. Following completion, the investment will represent approximately 2% of HICL’s portfolio, by value.
- Drumz plc (DRUM), the investing company focused on building value in technology, announced that it has conditionally agreed terms to acquire Acuity Risk Management Limited, a supplier of governance, risk and compliance software and services. Drumz currently owns 25% of the issued share capital of ARM and it is proposing to acquire the balance of the issued and to be-issued share capital.
- Industrials REIT (MLI) has sold its interest in a German care home joint venture. The deal completes Industrials REIT’s five-year transition to become a 100% UK multi-let industrial (MLI) business, with the company now operating over 7m sq ft of MLI assets located around towns and cities in England, Scotland and Wales. Net proceeds from the exit totalled £15.6m, which the company will use to fund further MLI acquisitions in the UK.
We also have news from Crystal Amber and Home REIT, and annual reports from Merchants, NB Global Monthly Income, Baillie Gifford China Growth, The North American Income Trust, and abrdn Asian Income Fund