In QuotedData’s morning briefing 24 June 2022:
- Literacy Capital (BOOK) has announced that it has received approval as an investment trust, with effect from its accounting period commencing on 1 April 2022.
- Augmentum Fintech (AUGM) has announced that, following the publication of its annual results on 4 July 2022, it will be holding a capital markets day for institutional investors and analysts on Wednesday 6 July 2022. AUGM’s manager will be providing an update on its portfolio companies as well as some market commentary. CEOs and Co-Founders from Zopa, WeMatch, Grover, Tide, Monese, Anyfin, Cushon and others from across Augmentum’s portfolio will also participate and will provide updates on their respective businesses (AUGM says that no new material information will be discussed at the event). To register, please contact: email@example.com.
- Greencoat Renewables (GRP) has announced that it has agreed to acquire the 134.4MW Ersträsk North wind farm in Norrbotten County, Sweden from Enercon on a forward sale basis. The wind farm is currently under construction and is expected to be fully commissioned in Q4 2023. Once operational, Enercon will provide long term operations and maintenance services. Ersträsk North will initially operate as a merchant asset but has the flexibility in the future to contract the electricity produced via a corporate PPA. This is GRP’s second acquisition in this location, having acquired Ersträsk South wind farm in October 2021, and will bring Greencoat Renewable’s overall capacity on this site to 235MW.
- CQS Natural Resources Growth and Income (CYN) has announces that Paul Cahill has been appointed as a Non-Executive Director with effect from 23 June 2022. Paul’s appointment brings the total number of independent directors to five – Helen Green (Chair), Carole Cable, Paul Cahill, Christopher Casey, and Alun Evans. Helen Green, CYN’s Chairman, says “I am delighted to welcome Paul to the Board. He brings a wealth of experience in the natural resources sector, and I am confident that he will make a valuable contribution to the Company.”
- Henderson Opportunities Trust (HOT) has released its interim results for the six months ended 30 April 2022. The trust’s chairman, Wendy Colquhoun, says that it is disappointing to be reporting on a period of net asset value decline of 8.7%, particularly when the company’s All-Share Index benchmark rose modestly, by 3.2%, over the same time horizon. However, she points out that the company ahs outperformed over the longer term.
We also have annual results from Aquila Energy Efficiency and Montanaro European Smaller Companies, Triple Point Energy Efficiency Infrastructure’s consultation on investment policy changes (as well as its annual results and the appointment of a new corporate broker), and the results of Foresight Sustainable Forestry’s placing and offer for subscription.