Ecofin Global Utilities and Infrastructure : EGL
Ecofin Global Utilities and Infrastructure aims to achieve a high, secure dividend yield on its portfolio and to realise long-term growth in the capital value of the portfolio for the benefit of shareholders, while taking care to preserve shareholders’ capital.
The assets will be primarily invested in the equity and equity-related securities of utility and infrastructure companies in developed countries. They define utility companies as those involved in the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity including the production of electricity from renewable sources; the transport, storage and distribution of gas; the abstraction, treatment and supply of water and the treatment of waste water; and the provision of environmental services such as recycling and waste management. Infrastructure companies are those that own and operate assets which are essential to the functioning of developed economies and to economic development and growth, notably transportation-related assets such as roads, railways, ports and airports.
We have written a number of notes that explain how Ecofin Global Utilities and Infrastructure works,
- “Unrecognised outperformance”, published in April 2019, looks at how EGL has avoided the fallout from PG&E while also outperforming the MSCI and S&P indices
- “Staying nimble”, published in October 2018, EGL has manoeuvred through a period of rising interest rates and a focus on growth stocks by taking advantage of these swings
- “On the contrary”, published in March 2018, utilities and infrastructure had a rough start to 2018 EGL management looks to implement strategies to drive outperformance once again
- “Delivering the goods”, published in November 2017, looks at the company’s portfolio and stock selection as they enter a new phase of consolidation
- “Structural growth, low volatility and high income”, published in May 2017, with investments in less volatile equities and a favourable discount rate EGL looks to attract investors looking for stable income
You can access the manager’s website here.